Experience in branding, advertising and campaign development, layout publication design, promotional items and web-based design.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office applications, email marketing systems (including EmailGen, Informz, Mail Chimp and Constant Contact), database management (iModules, D3000, Giftworks), Google Adwords (PPC) strategy, website design and maintenance (including iModules, WordPress and have a working knowledge of HTML) and passionate about utilizing social media to the fullest potential.
Freelance Graphic Designer & Marketing Consultant • Spring 2015 – Present
Work with a variety of clients on marketing & design projects including. Recent projects include:
- Social Media account maintenance and weekly posts for multiple clients, including paid placements on Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube.
- Design logos and digital art for promotional & collateral materials.
- Attend trade shows as a sales rep & brand ambassador.
- Creation of presentations for live classes and webinars for business coaches and consultants.
- Migration of an old website to WordPress platform & continued website maintenance.
- Logo redesign for neighborhood groups, camps & small businesses.
- Created & maintained Google AdWords (PPC) campaign to generate web traffic & sales leads.
- Direct mail & email marketing to existing and potential clients.
- Quarterly neighborhood newsletter and annual promotional product catalog design work.
Assistant Director, Marketing • Syracuse, NY • Spring 2018 – Present
Responsible for the creation, development, management, and execution of campaigns that increase donor participation and annual donations through segmenting, creative content, and innovative omni-channel strategies.
- Manage and direct the marketing and operations of annual initiatives including: Giving Day,
Make Your Mark, Orange Central Reunions, Philanthropy Week, and Lubin Society Weekend.
- Provide written results, executive summaries and recommendations derived from analytic data.
- Lead efforts to collaborate and provide direction to individual schools, college and units to ensure the Philanthropic Engagement team is providing resources, channels, content and timelines to support Fund for Syracuse fundraising efforts.
- Act as a brand ambassador to increase visibility for the Fund for Syracuse to the alumni base through digital, direct mail, and social media.
- Create compelling content to show how the Fund for Syracuse benefits students and the University.
- Manage outbound communication – solicits & informal – regarding the Fund for Syracuse and annual giving.
- Refer identified donor leads to Development Associates and Leadership Annual gift officers for pipeline growth while segmenting other leads into targeted email, direct mail, and paid social campaigns for direct response.
- Be a decision maker for what type of communication a given constituent type should be receiving based on previous engagement and giving history.
VISIT SYRACUSE (SYRACUSE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU)
Marketing Project Manager • Syracuse, NY • Fall 2011 – Spring 2015
Directly responsible for the creation and implementation of all marketing material including key projects such as:
- Bid presentations for all prospective meetings and events
- Developed themes and unique looks for all communication tools including direct mailers, email materials, signage, etc. for client events of all sizes
- Key member of a team that developed the layout and design for the Syracuse Visitors Guide
- Pocket Guide – helped develop and create layout of “pocket guide” used to present and justify the annual budget to the County Legislature.
- Annual Report – responsible for creating the annual report, sent to all employees, business partners, stakeholders, political figures, etc.
- Web Design – helped maintain and upgrade company website, http://www.visitsyracuse.com
- Work in a variety of media including print, video, mobile applications and the web
- Frequently asked to create key marketing materials for parent company: CenterState CEO
- Noteworthy Project – key member in creating the marketing material and design work for the USBC (United States Bowling Congress) Open 2018 bid presentation– this event is anticipated to have a local area impact in excess of $70 million.
HOME HEADQUARTERS: NOT-FOR-PROFIT
Marketing Coordinator • Syracuse, NY (August 2008 to October 2011)
- Wrote monthly E-newsletter that was distributed to over 2,000 community partners.
- Conducted interviews to write customer testimonials explaining available products and services.
- Increased brand awareness through creative and strategic marketing initiatives which helped grow the company’s service area
- Provided consistent and clear messaging to internal and external audiences
- Responsible for creating awareness of the $1 property program through creative marketing and grassroots neighborhood outreach.
- Implemented and updated brand pages in social media outlets.
- Organized annual Block Blitz clean-up event including fundraising, volunteer recruitment and meeting with neighborhood residents.
- Responsible for design and execution of marketing materials including the Annual Report.
- Assisted in Event Planning including events such as the Annual Meeting.
- Redesigned and maintained company website in a format that allowed for in-house updates – once achieved we were able to save thousands of dollars and valuable time by moving away from outside design services.
- Updated existing collateral and designed additional pieces as new programs were launched.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, Syracuse, NY
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication
Master of Arts in Advertising—June 2008
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY, Harrisonburg, VA
School of Media Arts and Design
Double Major in Corporate Communications & English
Bachelor of Arts—May 2007
Study Abroad Program – Florence, Italy (Fall 2005)
- Ed Smith PTO – Fundraising Committee (September 2020-Present)
- Salty Tots Design Co. – Etsy shop selling Syracuse themed gear for kids (September 2015 – Present)
- Erie Canal Museum Board of Directors & Fundraising/Event Committee (March 2014 – August 2019)
- 40 Below – It’s All Here Task Force member (May 2012 – June 2015)
- HOW Design Conference Attendee – Boston (2012) & San Fran (2013)
- Photoshop World Conference Attendee – Atlanta (2014)